SDL in windows

Started by
3 comments, last by Kylotan 19 years, 10 months ago
Hi. I want to ask a llitle question. Is there anyway to put the SDL windows in a windows window??? I mean, instead of open its own SDL window, i want that the graphics draw in the my windows window. Is there anyway to do that?
Advertisement
Hi,

Check out ftp://ptah.lnf.kth.se/pub/misc/sdl-env-vars, the last variable is SDL_WINDOWID. If you fill this environment variable, you're supposed to get the results you're looking for.

I'm no SDL expert...

Hope this helps

Cheers

e.
Quote:Original post by Dospro
instead of open its own SDL window, i want that the graphics draw in the my windows window.

As that above said, you'll be using a window ID environment variable.

it works like this:

create your main window, create the "child" window within that window that you want SDL to draw into (or use the main window, but that doesn't get you anything over using SDL's method, does it?), then you're going to put the window ID (presumabley the HWND on windows? i'm unsure) into the environment variable, THEN you're oging to initialize SDL video stuff.

and remember to SDL_Quit or that other one that's something like SDL_ShutdownSubsystem or something before you delete the window you have it rendering in.
Did anyone notice that the FAQ had a texture behind it? Hurts my eyes...isn't that like a huge "F in the class" failure for web design? And this is Microsoft? Or is it subdued enough? Just my observation.
What are you talking about, AP?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement