• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man_with_a_Plan

MMORPGs are so boring

This topic is 5177 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

They really are usually you sit there holding the run button for like 10 mins then you kill some monster that lacks any kind of A.I. Then you go back to the town then repeat. Zzzzzz.

Advertisement
For one they can make the worlds less void. All the ones I''ve played usually have big empty boring worlds. There''s no real reason to have a vast empty space that serves no purpose than to be a tedious trek.

A keyboard macro does wonders for games like that.

If the game wont accept external keyboard inputs, then I usually go for the elastic band and masking tape method.

quote:
Original post by Code_Dark
quote:
Original post by wannabe 1337
Ilike the mmorpg`s the 13-16 yr olds make that are coded in teh visual basic!

Odd, I never knew any of them were ever completed...

- CD

// Brought to you by Code_Dark
| DShaw Encryption | Righting a wrong- my contribution to the world.

VB MMorpg thats been running for 2 years and is gtting pretty big, Quest :: Free Online RPG

Ive played it on and off for 2 years, it''s pretty decent for a free 2d rpg coded in vb.

Sharp Basic - Coming summer 2004!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!