• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to create an interactive 3D surgical image?

This topic is 5065 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am required to create an interactive 3D image that depicts some surgical procedures. What I have in mind is the 3D image of some human part, say abdomen or heart, upon which I can show the steps of a surgical procedure using mouse events. Could anyone please suggest some tool/procedure (like GDI+ or DirectX or OpenGL) with which I can accomplish this? Im trying to incorporate this with some .NET code. Please guide me to some site/tool that you may already know in this regard. Thank you, Ravi.

Advertisement
Judging from the phrasing of your question, i''m guessing that you haven''t done much 3d work in the past. As a simple way to get around this (since the procedure is always the same), i''d suggest using a 3d modeling and animation tool such as the ones used in movies and television (3d studio max, lightwave, blender, etc.) to create the procedure and render it as a video. Then you can make this video into several small clips and use the interface to step through the videos (frame by frame if you''ve got the computing power).

As far as changing camera angles is concerned, you could either render it from multiple angles, or export the 3d animation and play it dynamically from any angle using a 3d API such as DirectX or opengl. I believe the Ogre 3d renderer might be of some help.

Unfortunately I haven''t done any real 3d programming yet, so I suggest that you get a second opinion.

If they user of the program doesn''t have to move around "freely" in 3D, I would use 3D Studio for the graphics, and dump it all into an interactive little program using Flash.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Randy Trulson
www.GamePotato.com
www.NeuronGames.com

• Advertisement