• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

under7

drawing bitmaps using glDrawPixels

This topic is 5121 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi everyone! i''m playing around with ogl, everything seems to be great except... ok, here it goes. i''m trying to implement some basic game engine. it supposed to draw 2d background, then my 3d stuff (game characters, objects, etc) and finally draw 2d foreground on everything (using masking or something). background ->> 3d scene ->> foreground mask ->> foreground theres no problem with 3d part, however, after i''ve applied background, my app became dramatically slow, it came down from 1300+ fps down to 50... my render function looks something like this: render_frame() { set up ortho projection draw bitmap setup perspective projection draw 3d stuff } i know i''m doing something really stupid, but i''ve got no idea about correct solution to the above problem... ppl, i really need help with this stuff, at least some references to rtfm books, links, etc... thanks away from comlex ideas i live like rembo -- day by day

Advertisement
Just give us the code because this isn't helping.
GLDrawPixels can be verry slow too just so you know that.

[edited by - vbtest on June 10, 2004 12:21:37 PM]

quote:
Original post by vbtest
Just give us the code because this isn''t helping.
GLDrawPixels can be verry slow too just so you know that.

[edited by - vbtest on June 10, 2004 12:21:37 PM]

i don''t have the code right now, be posting it tomorrow

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!