Lesson 30

Started by
8 comments, last by NasMan 19 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I downloaded the .NET version of Lesson 30. When I build it I''m getting the error... “Cannot open include file: ‘iostream.h’: No such file or directory” I checked and iostream.h isn''t on my system. Did Microsoft ditch iostream? Does anyone know what gives? Thanks
Advertisement
Try just "iostream". the .h is deprecated, though I''m surprised you don''t have it for backwards-compatibility.
Ok, in Tvector.h I changed the include to be
#include <iostream>
instead of
#include <iostream.h>
but I get a host of other errors.
I''m running XP Pro with .NET 2003. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
If I''m right vs.net 2003 doesn''t have iostream :O !?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pingux/ <-- you know you wanna see my 2D Engine which supports DirectX and OpenGL or insert your renderer here :)
Ok, then Lesson 30 will probably work under the first .NET but not 2003? Looks like they''d kept something for backwards compatibility...
#include<iostream>#include<fstream>using namespace std;

Sharp Basic - Coming summer 2004!

[edited by - deranged on June 10, 2004 1:25:42 PM]
Like I mentioned before...using
#include <iostream> instead of #include <iostream.h> in Tvector.h gives me a host of other errors.
Are you in the std namespace?

[My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people
[size=2]
I use VS.NET 2003 and have no problem with iostream, just FYI. It''s in there. I''d check the namespace too.
-Todd"Windows dectected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect"
I go out to NeHe's site...go to Lesson 30, download the Visual Studio .NET Code for the lesson. I open it in .NET 2003 and I get a message stating that .NET wants to convert to the formats used by this version of Studio .NET. I convert it. I compile and I get the Fatal error...Cannot open include file: 'iostream.h'.
I'm not sure if I'm in std namspace or not. I know that I use my installation of .NET for other c# projects and all works fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement