• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rankith

Converting to a win32 app?

This topic is 5298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an extensive text based RPG almost totally finished. I want to add directX graphics to it however. I am under the impression that you must be working with a wnidows app instead of a console app, is this true? If so, can I go in and just change some settings? Thanks.

Advertisement
hmmmmmmmm, is there any difference between the 2? Can I just recreate the project and bring all my files in with no problem? Or will there be some things wrong? Would check my self but not at home.

With a Windows application it invloves a little more work - you have to set some stuff up yourself.

This website will teach you most of the basics and you should be able to create your own Window applications in no time.

Dang, that would take a looooooong time to fix up. Is it possible to do graphics in console mode at all? like maybe just still pictures?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!