• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bimder

directx

This topic is 5297 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If I wrote my first windows program and wanted it to be compatible on numerous versions of windows would I necessarily have to incorporate directx into the program or does the windows programming language have such supports already included?

Advertisement
not quite sure what your asking, but you don''t HAVE to incorporate directX for a program to work on multi versions of windows.. If you are using C++ it should work fine on most windows systems.

To aid and protect, Thus honor.

If my make a program in Windows, regardless of type, it should run on any windows platform from 95-2000. If you make your program with DirectX in Windows, then it will still run on Windows 95-2000, but they have to have the same version of DirectX or a higher version installed on their machine. For example.

I write a program in using Win32, MFC, OWL, whatever. I could send it to anyone with Windows and it will most likely run.

If I write a program in Windows usind DirectX 9.0 and send it to someone, they can run it on any Windows system so long as they have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. :D

Sincerely,
Randy Trulson
www.GamePotato.com
www.NeuronGames.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!