• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raloth

setting up DirectX in Managed C++

This topic is 5151 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I installed VC++ .NET, followed by the DirectX SDK. How can I make it recognize the Microsoft::DirectX namespace? I''ve searched all over and I even found a sample project, but I can''t find what I''m missing.

Advertisement
There is no apparent "add reference" option, that is for C#.

Other than in the Microsoft.NET folder (which doesn''t work), I can''t find any of the other dlls. There are some in the installation cab files but they didn''t seem to be installed.

quote:
Original post by Raloth
There is no apparent "add reference" option, that is for C#.

VC++ 2003 does have Add Reference. 2002 didn''t.
quote:

Other than in the Microsoft.NET folder (which doesn''t work), I can''t find any of the other dlls. There are some in the installation cab files but they didn''t seem to be installed.

Seems you have a botched installation. You should either reinstall(is this the 2003 Summer Update?) or get the DLLs out of the GAC(the "Microsoft.NET folder" you referred to). The latter is easily done using the command line instead of Explorer(alternatively, you can create a share out of the folder and connect to it yourself - that will bypass the shell extension).

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]

I have the 2003 version and the summer update of the sdk. Where is this Add Reference?

In the Solution Explorer. There should be a node called "References" in your MC++ project. You can right click on that to get "Add Reference".

Another way is to just put #using <Microsoft.DirectX.dll>. That requires that the DLL can be found somewhere where VS knows to look. It''s a setting somewhere in the project properties called "Assembly path" or something like that.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!