• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectShow: creating a DVD filter graph

This topic is 5062 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m writing a DVD application and have already got it working. However I would like to specify exactly which filters are placed in the graph to improve consistency over multiple machines. If I were using an IGraphBuilder I would be able to specify the filters easily, but it requires me to specify a source file. When playing a DVD I just want it to read from the DVD drive. I use IDvdGraphBuilder to create various interfaces and it will automatically create the graph filter (without specifying a source file) using RenderDvdVideoVolume. However, I haven''t found any way to create filters with IDvdGraphBuilder as you can with IGraphBuilder. Is there a way to do it or am I stuck? Thanks for your help. Jeff

Advertisement
I found some great hints at:

http://www.flipcode.com/tutorials/tut_dshow03.shtml

However when I use CoCreateInstance(CUSTOM_GUID,...); I get a null object on my IBaseFilter pointer pointer. My GUID definition looks like this:

DEFINE_GUID(CUSTOM_GUID,0x9B8C4620,0x2C1A,0x11D0,0x84,0x93,0x00,
0xA0,0x24,0x38,0xAD,0x48);

the GUID I have hard coded there is the GUID for a Dvd video decoder which I did not create myself. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

-Jeff

I checked the return code from CoCreateInstance and got an unexpected result. MSDN states that CoCreateInstance will return one of four possible HRESULTs: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG, CLASS_E_NOAGGREGATION, E_NOINTERFACE, S_OK. However I get an HRESULT of E_FAIL which doesn't help me very much. The return code occurs here:

hr = CoCreateInstance(My_Dvd_VideoDecoder,NULL,CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,__uuidof(IBaseFilter),
(void**)&videoDecoder);
return hr; // returns: 0x80004005, return added for debugging

and at the start of my program I have:
DEFINE_GUID(My_Dvd_VideoDecoder,0x0246Ca20,0x776D,0x11D2,0x80,0x10,0x00,
0x10,0x4B,0x9B,0x85,0x92);

-Jeff

• Advertisement