• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrentBarrett

Texture manipulation, please help.

This topic is 5299 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m kind of new to D3D and had a quick question. I''ve been using the ID3DXSprite interface because I''m doing a 2D game. I really love that it''s draw member function allows you to rotate the image, scale it, and modulate its color. Recently I''ve been wanting to use textures more directly to do my 2D rendering because I''ll be learning how to do real 3D at the same time. But so far I have been unsuccessful at finding functions for the texture interfaces that are similar to those provided for the sprite interface. So, my question really just breaks down to this: When using IDirect3DTexture9, or any other texture interfaces for that matter, is there functions that allow me to simply rotate, scale, or color modulate the texture when drawing it? It seems logical that they should exist, since ID3DXSprite is really just using and manipulating textures anyway. I''m using DirectX 9.0(not the summer release). Thanks for any help you can give.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!