• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClonedPrince

backing up games

This topic is 5098 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am a newbie and I need help! I have a pc game called " HOYLE Board Games ". After you install the game, you can play it WITH OR WITHOUT the CD. The only difference is that when you play the game without the disk, the sound quality is lower and certain options are not accessible. It''s just like solitaire ( you don''t need a disk to play it ). But then theres hundreds of pc games where every single time you want to play it, you have to put the CD in! >:-( What is this all about and what do you have to do to make it work so that you don''t have to allways put the CD in? Talk to ya later guys, ClonedPrince

Advertisement
Its a copy protection thing. Its annoying having to find the CD when I want to play a game. I wish there was something else they could do but I don''t know what that would be.

They do it so you don''t install it then give the CD to someone else. You could illegally crack it, but you shouldn''t.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!