• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryebred

Newbie question on DirectX

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I just got a book on DirectX programming and the examples are done in DirectX 8. I downloaded the DirectX 9 SDK and when I compile the code from the book I get the error below. UpdateSkinnedMesh'' : function does not take 2 parameters I looked in the directx 9 SDK and it indeed has 4 parameters. I am assuming the Directx 8 version of this function accepted 2 parameters. I have included all the directx8 libs so is there a way to make this function use the directx 8 version instead of 9? Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
You are going to need to "create" directx8 objects not 9 and make sure you have all the correct includes etc and make sure that the directx9 sdk is NOT listed before the directx8 stuff in your lib/source/include paths or else it will find those first.

Well, I believe it actually took 3 params, the transformation matrix, source vertices, and destination vertices. So, set the second parameter to NULL (I have no idea on the other 3).

If you''re using Jim Adam''s "Programming RPG''s With DirectX" then you can goto the errata website and download new files. clicky

Hopefully that helps

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!