Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defend

D3D9 - Ortho matrix, RHW co-ords, but my surface is still stretching.

This topic is 5298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I'm using Direct3D9 to display tiles of 128x128 pixels. I create a quad out of 4 vertices using this format: (D3DFVF_XYZRHW|D3DFVF_TEX1) I set the co-ords of the 4 vertices as going from (-0.05f, -0.05f) [top left] to (127.5f, 127.5f) [bottom right]. When it displays the image, the texture is slightly fuzzy, because it has been drawn onto a 128x132 quad. Horizontally its perfect, zoom in and every pixel is cut and dry, this is what I want. However, vertically you can see the filtering. Its not only that the quad has stretched 4 pixels downwards, but also the very bottom row of pixels are a blend of the background (very dark blue) and the 131st row of pixels. I'm sure that's a clue but don't know what to make of it. Here's the image if you want to examine it. I left some surrounding display so you can see what's happening. http://users.wiredcity.net.au/~talez/fuzzed.png Any ideas? [edited by - Defend on June 11, 2004 2:10:28 AM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
The link doesn''t work(at least for me).

Question to you... What function did you use to "load" the image?

When you loaded it did you specify the size of the texture etc or did you just use the LoadFromFile with the filename, device etc.

Just wondering if you loaded it in a way that it is using default filters(which you need to turn off I believe to help in some cases).

I had a similar problem, which I never totally fixed that i know of, because I stopped trying for now :-)

Also... what texture coordinates do you have set? What function did you do to set the texel to the coordinate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Found the problem just as you replied.

Halfway through developing this I felt like screwing with my Windows settings a bit.. ie, I made my title bars smaller by 5 pixels.

The window I''ve been testing in is resizable, which has been working fine. I''d set its initial size by doing 320x240 + (width and height of frame), which I simply left as values. I remember noticing that and thinking I''ll deal with it later heh.

So the window was created with a client area slightly taller than 320x240, so the image was simply stretched a bit due to the window being resizable. DOH!!

I think I''ll go get the window attributes now heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!