• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toas_t

Multimine - Multiplayer Minesweeper

This topic is 5240 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was chatting away with some friends, and one pointed out that on gamedev.net someone was looking for a multiplayer minesweeper. He pointed the fellow to my game which I made last year. Check it out guys, I loved making it and it''s a great way to finally see who''s better at minesweeper! http://multimine.hopto.org/ The game''s features are as follows: - Fast paced and extremely fun! - Looks just like the originally minesweeper, only better. - Less logical bugs than the original minesweeper. In the original minesweeper follow these steps. Press the middle mouse down, press the left mouse down, then move the mouse... seeee!! - Playable over a TCP/IP network. - Client / Server architecture. - Any number of players, limited only by your memory and free sockets. - Designed with Microsoft Windows in mind. - No need to install it, just download and play* - Remembers your player settings and all servers you have joined. - Chat with other players on the server. - Luigi Easter egg. *play requires gdiplus.dll available in Windows XP or on download site. The game''s bugs are as follows: - More memory leaks that the original minesweeper. Solution: Recompile in .NET''s managed C++ - Nagging problems where some people''s chat messages don''t get sent. There is no solution, I gave up on that ages ago. - Server can''t be behind my Alcatel Speed Touch Pro even while forwarding packets! I never figured that one out. When I was developing it, I had a Linux gateway forward packets... now it doesnt work. Solution, I''ll have to look into it one day

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!