So, why do you play RTS games ?

Started by
19 comments, last by ahw 23 years, 7 months ago
I''ve seen a few people talk about problems with resource collection and thought I''d throw in my 2 cents.

How would I make it better? Well, first off, remove the units.
Nothing was more annoying in Starcraft then losing all your SCVs (or variants) and haveing only 40 crystals (the cost 50). That pretty much ment that the game was over because you could no longer harvast resources, also they clutter the map and can cause lag, both network and processing. My idea is to remove them and insted have a "Resource Yard" of some kind. With resource collectors inside that you never see. This way you don''t have them running all over the map getting killed. When you start the game you have like 2 of these yards OFF the map. That way no matter what you have resources coming in (what kinda war doesnt have a home front sending supplies?). You can build more to get resources faster but they cost ALOT, this keeps you from building 50 and then doing constant rush. Also make them easy to destroy, that way if you are losing then you can make a suicide run and take out a few Resource Yars to slow down the enemy.

This is just what I think would be better.
Seems more like 15 cents then 2 though.

Jason Mickela
E-Mail: jmickela@pacbell.net
------------------------------
"Evil attacks from all sides
but the greatest evil attacks
from within." Me
------------------------------
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement