• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahw

Comparing paths ?

This topic is 6629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This question is related to the topic "Mouse drawn symbols" somewhere down in the forum. I have come to a point where I can describe a path (the symbol that you draw with the mouse), with a quite satisfying number of details. The problem now comes from comparing an array of data describing the input symbol, and the model symbol. I am using an array of structures, but the problem is that the number of elements in my input array can be different from my model array. So do I simply ignore the missing elements, or is there a nicer way to do the comparison ?? I heard the buzzwords Bayesian Classifiers, or Hidden Markov Models, but the tutorials are inexisting, or made for people who seem to already know the basics about those topics, which I don''t. Any ideas, links ??

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!