• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vertex buffers and processVertices() for multipass..

This topic is 6385 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here''s the prob.. i want to do multipass rendering, and therefore i''m triyng to use two vertex buffers... One source (untransformed verts) and one dest (transformed and lit), then i want to draw each pass with the verts from the destbuffer... BUT i get INVALIDVERTEXFORMAT or something like that when i try to use processvertices()... It works without processVertices(), just by calling DrawIndexedPrimitiveVB() directly using only the source buffer, but then it transforms and lights the polys for each pass and the frame rate drops to 1/3 Can anyone tell me what flags i should have when creating the source and dest buffer? (i assume that''s what i''m doing wrong) *please help me!* /Zantac

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
The destination buffer should be to transformed and lit vertices. Look in the SDK docs for this.

But a warning about using ProcessVertices(). If you use this, the vertex processing will ALWAYS be done in software. Your code will then be unable to take advantage of the GPU of cards with T&L like the GeForce and Radeon.

PV

• Advertisement