• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pest

Help test my game... Please :)

This topic is 6537 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Try it out and see how it works... It uses DirectX 3 interface so it should work for NT > sp3 as well. Comments / critisism welcome. Thanks, Pest http://users4.50megs.com/rainingcows/index.html http://users4.50megs.com/rainingcows/diver.zip

Advertisement
^ AND READ!

Hey,

I downloaded that game a few days ago. I saw it in another thread. I''ve been playing it a lot and it is addicting and fun. I have yet to beat the high score though. I think it is a really good game and would like to know if you can give me a copy of the code to help me in my isometric game. I won''t copy your code, I''ll just use it as a reference. I would really appreciate it if you do!

Thanks,
Drew Lash,
My site.
My e-mail.

I noticed you e-mail address was hotmail... can I send attachments to a hotmail account? If so tell me and I''ll forward the source. If it can''t send me an address I can send attachments to and I''ll e-mail it there. Thanks for trying it out.

Erik Johnson
erikj@azstarnet.com

Hey great game! Runs about 33fps on my AMD 233 machine. Prim. card ati rage 2+, sec. card Voodoo2 12mb. The addition of the map editor is a nice touch. The only thing is you might want to make it so that if you touch a surface lightly, you dont take damage...Or if that's the way it's meant to be then nevermind

Playing games is what I live for. Getting paid to make those games is how I will live.

Edited by - Rederick on August 28, 2000 6:57:04 PM

I agree that it would be a nice touch if the damage taken when hitting a wall was porportional (<- can''t spell to save my life) to the velocity at which you hit the wall. I will put it in with the next update.

Thanks for trying it out,
Pest

Nice work. This game reminds me of Solar Jetman on good ol'' NES. Relying totally on momentum calculations for the basis of your game engine ain''t such a bad idea. The collision is solid and gameplay is smooth. I get 99 - 120fps on my AMD K6-2 with a Voodoo Banshee for gfx.

Just a nifty thing that was in Solar Jetman that I''d like to mention. In SJM you had to go around and grab items that you needed to fix your ship or something, and these items had weight. So when you attached your hook to them their momentum would effect your movement. Real heavy items would pull YOU around if you didn''t manuver carefully enough. The game was awesome!

Daniel "NitroSR" Piron

My original intent was to add many diffrent weapons and powerups as well as ship types which had diffrent capabilities etc... I also plan on eventually having diffrent gravity models, heavy, light, none or gravity wells. I guess I got anti-feature creep. I figured it was better to just get it working well first then think about adding all the neat bells and whistles. I also think there needs to be a few more bad guy types as well, but hey thats what game programming is about.

Pest

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!