• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Memir

Uniform Transparancy [DIRECT3D]

This topic is 6511 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to render a triangle uniformly transparant with only using D3DVERTEX? I''ve read somewhere, that you use D3DTLVERTEX, and set the color values of each Vertex, and in this you can also set the alpha value since the color uses the D3DCOLOR type which is DWORD (RGBA). But I don''t want to use this D3DTLVERTEX/D3DLVERTEX structure, partly because it''s bigger, and secondly because I initially based my code on D3DVERTEX thinking that this would''nt be a problem. I was wondering if I could use the SetMaterial functions to specify the Alpha blending value. If I can, then would the following render states be appropriate? pdev->SetRenderState(D3DRENDERSTATE_SRCBLEND,D3DBLEND_SRCALPHA); pdev->SetRenderState(D3DRENDERSTATE_DESTBLEND,D3DBLEND_INVSRCALPHA); pdev->SetTextureStageState(0,D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_MODULATE); [Thats just copied from the place that I read about this] Basically, all I want is the ability to specify the alpha blend range between (0 & 1 or 0 & 255), without majorly modifying my code. On the N64, specifying the blending was just as simple as: setalphavalue(64); // 0-256 ...and magically the RDP processer took this value as the Alpha Src (64) and the Alpha Dest (256-64) /Memir

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!