Me, MySelf and Camera!

Started by
-1 comments, last by aanand_420 23 years, 8 months ago
OOPS! The Title! OKE! After struggling for 2 weeks with matrices for implementing a flexible camera system for a third person camera, I decided to use quaternion instead. The thing was, in the case of matrices, my roll wasn''t roll after I do a pitch or yaw or someth''n like that (I guess it''s b''coz of Gimbal Lock!). So after some programming hours, I implemented a quaternion camera system. Now the problem is translation. What I mean is, my roll is roll after howmany ever pitch or yaw etc. But after translation got screwed. i.e camera movement. For example if camera turn left some theta degree and move forward (along Z axis), camera don''t move forward instead camera move sideways. Ya u guess it right, it''s b''coz of translation being applied before rotation. So somebody tell me a method by which I can have a VECTOR storing the position of camera and a quaternion stores the orietation information. I need HELP!! Thank You in ADVANCE! There is no problem so complicated that it cannot be complicated further.
There is no problem so complicated that it cannot be complicated further.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement