Game purpose?

Started by
6 comments, last by TheShadow 23 years, 7 months ago
What is the purpose you find a game has?... This could be very important when you are designing a game. What areas do you concentrate the most? stuff like that... *Take me where no one has before* I used to be afraid of the dark, until i saw the light.
Mecha Engineer (Making Real Humanoid Suits)
Advertisement
Mine has the purpose of teaching the player that hack''n''slash or click''n''kill sucks and they need to use a little more thought than just the same old tactics. Anyone else?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft
"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy"
IOL (The list formerly known as NPCAI) - A GDNet production
Our Doc - The future of RPGs
Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche
The purpose of the games I think of is to take the Human mind to a world it has never experienced and make it feel there and give them a blast of emotions... hehehe

I used to be afraid of the dark, until i saw the light.
Mecha Engineer (Making Real Humanoid Suits)
I want people to feel like they're in the future during a time of adventure, exploration, and danger. I've always liked stories from any period that were like this, but space has intrigued me because so much unknown stuff could really be out there.

I think I was either born a few centuries too early or too late. There are no more worlds to explore, only an endless refinement of what we've already found. So if I can't have it in RL, then virtual will have to do!

So randomness and generating a slice of the unknown is what I'm focusing on first.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...

Edited by - Wavinator on August 27, 2000 11:07:16 PM
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
For me its more a case of designing in a fashion that will produce game elements with high replayability. I''m always self analysing my designs also so that the player can change their mind and try a new approach to something if they so wish rather than relying on the use of static hard-designs. Letting the player poke and pry at the game and designing to allow this brings me a sence of achievment. "Let the player control the Learning Curve of the game"!

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I want MONEY. Sheesh. You guys and your high principles....
quote:Original post by Chiroptera

I want MONEY. Sheesh. You guys and your high principles....

And you''re in this business?!?!?!

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
I want to be original so that other people can enjoy a good game as much as I do. Not for the money. I only want enough to be able to survive. If I have to pack shelves to do that and keep making freeware games then I damn well will!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft
"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy"
IOL (The list formerly known as NPCAI) - A GDNet production
Our Doc - The future of RPGs
Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement