VisualC++

Started by
2 comments, last by HankxHank 23 years, 7 months ago
I was just wondering: What is the difference between the various editions of VisualC++? Is it worth paying over $200 for the professional edition or is the $100 standard edition ok to get? I''m not a professional programmer; I''m still a rather inexperienced, so I''m not familiar with this stuff. I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks- Hank
Advertisement
I''m not sure what the differences are, but I''m very happy with the Standard edition. I would classify myself as an intermediate programmer, so I don''t know what the pros use, but Standard should be fine. If you know anyone in college, get them to pick up a copy for you; they should be able to get it for $50-$60 with an academic discount.

-Ironblayde
Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
Standard Edition has worked fine for me. I hear that the higher editions produce more optimized code but I''m not too worried about that (besides I don''t have the $$$ for a higher edition).

- Daniel
VG Games
- DanielMy homepage
quote:Original post by HankxHank

I was just wondering:
What is the difference between the various editions of VisualC++?

The differences are listed here.

Personally, the only things I wish my standard edition had that the others have is the enhanced optimizing compiler, and the program that lets you build Installers. But I can live with out these.

The Gent
aig

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement