• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VeeGer

Beginner's Problem (Borland)

This topic is 6626 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to learn C++ and Windows programming. As I don''t have money to buy a "full" compiler, I downloaded Borland''s free commandline tools. I wrote some example programs and compiled them without problems, then I tried to compile my first Windows program (which opens a single window, nothing else), and now I have lots of problems.... As there were no "decent" manuals with the compiler and I found no help from the Inprise homepage, I was wondering if someone could help me with following: - What commandline options should I use when compiling a simple Windows program? When I try to compile it like: "bcc32 -If:\Borland\bcc55\include -Lf:\Borland\bcc55\Lib simple.cpp" I get errors. I tried to find out more about commandline options from the compiler''s helpfile, but it was less than adequate. - How to make a makefile or .bat file which launches BCC32 and ILINK32 and compiles my "window.cpp" into an executable file? - I once saw the commercial compiler BCB5, there were two options: compile with debug libs or release libs. How do I compile my tiny program without (with free tools) debug libs so it would be as tiny as possible?

Advertisement
Hiya,

I don''t know if you''ve figured this out yet, but I''ve been having some tough times with it too :/ I''ll keep working on it and see if I can figure it out.

Also, if you want to have an integrated IDE for this, check out the following link:

http://www.objectcentral.com/vide/help/videdoc/videcpp.htm

Good luck!

-Krylar
Christian Coders Network

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!