To: BasKuenen and his awesome Landscape Renderer

Started by
39 comments, last by richardve 23 years, 7 months ago
quote:Original post by baskuenen

CobraA1:
Thanks man, I''ve checked out terragen, and I see I still have a lot of work to do to match those kind of programs. Whoaw do they look realistic. Is this just a matter of finding good textures or are the textures themselves also generated...?... I''ve certainly got more idea''s now. Cloud shadows...never thought of that one...

The textures are generated (and also based on height and angle of terrain it''s on), at least in Terragen. Find a good article on Perlin noise, I think that''s how it generates terrain/clouds/grass/etc. If you''re using a ray-tracing engine, I think you''ll be making realistic terrain before you know it.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement