• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

richardve

To: BasKuenen and his awesome Landscape Renderer

This topic is 6614 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

quote:
Original post by baskuenen

---
Yes, objects could be great. Especially reflecting (mirror) spheres and stuff, and things you can do only/best with raytracing. Maybe I'll add objects after this landscape rendering is 200% complete
But what kind of objects would you like?

- Trees
- Flying birds (w. particles/boids?)
- Fishes in the water (sharks )
- Reflecting objects too
- Snow (again particles)

I saw that you're going to implement camera animation in the FAR future and birds would be very nice when animated

I know you can't implement this in one week/month/year but it's just some comments

Edited by - richardve on September 6, 2000 9:36:23 AM

Advertisement
Very nice! Right off the bat, it does some things the terrain generator I use doesn''t (the rock enviroment, for example). The water needs some work, though, and I''m sure it''ll progress nicely. I''m adding your page to my bookmarks, so I can keep up-to-date. Take a look at Terragen, it might give you an idea of what current terrain rendering tools can do:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

thankyou, those who commented on my texgen , i''m currently uploading three (3) images from a recent add on, pls tell me if it looks good enough to upload the .exe on the site, if so, i have to clean up the prog!
i''ll also try to put up some html, to make getting the files easier.

baskuenen: lol, i looked back through the messages and just noticed you offered to give me some base c++ code, that would be great! i''d really like to be able to output it to fullscreen at multiple fps! (it should be able to do that) then fade between 2 texgens, for a screensaver type thing. anyway, baskeunen, should i continue to communicate to you through this, icq, or e-mail?

-mike

"pls tell me if it looks good enough to upload the .exe on the site, if so, i have to clean up the prog!"

Well, startup VC and go cleaning because your shots look good enough.

I''ve tried them with DreamScape and that looks good too.

Oh d*mn, now I''m ill too, I think I''m going to program very much this week...

Thr33d:
I still have a problem running your TexGen. I get an error that I''m missing COMDLG32.OCX Is this all I''m missing?
And about that way of communication: Whatever you like best

CobraA1:
Thanks man, I''ve checked out terragen, and I see I still have a lot of work to do to match those kind of programs. Whoaw do they look realistic. Is this just a matter of finding good textures or are the textures themselves also generated...?... I''ve certainly got more idea''s now. Cloud shadows...never thought of that one...

richardve:
Being Ill has it''s advantages Good luck with your program.

ah, anyone who also requires that file can get it back at the previous link i gave. Also, if anyone else needs any other files, pls tell me so i can upload them also, Bas Kuenen: i think you might need 1 more file (i don''t think any more than that) one other person who used my program required 3 files, the rest only needed 1 (msvbvm60.dll) or none.

(back to the ol'' ide)

-mike

Whaow, the download on my landscape renderer is really booming
I never thought it would come to these kind of numbers.

A big thank you to everybody who tried it

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!