All WinSock gurus pleaz help!!!

Started by
1 comment, last by WebSpyder 23 years, 7 months ago
hey guys, its me again, and although the suggestion by -BacksideSnap- helped me a lot, I''m still stuck. I don;t knwo why the hell my program is having so much trouble, but my server still drops the connection after it says its connected and my client thinks it is still connected and says it "sends" and "receives" info. How I have no idea!! I think its a conflict with my network settings, since I''m hooked to an ethernet network. Would that cause a problem?? If you need to see any code, let me know, and I''ll post it ASAP. Thanx!! ****************************** "I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac Asimov Drew Sikora Napali Networks, Inc.
******************************"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac AsimovDrew SikoraNapali Networks, Inc.
Advertisement
Do you think you could just throw all your code and the .dsp and .dsw files (going out on a limb and assuming you''re using MSVC++!) into a zip file and upload it somewhere? I might be able to help but it is hard to do so from just snippets of code.

If it comes across this way, please don''t think I''m trying to steal your code or something ;0 I have a set of winsock classes of my own which seem to work alright and I''ll be happy to compare to or post here if people want to see my crappy code.

Just a suggestion

Anthracks
Thanks, Anthracks, but we just solved our little problem. Turns out the reason the server thought it was disconnected was cause we were using the wrong socket to send and receive info!! Gotta love programming....

Thanks anyway.

==============================
"You don''t know the power of the Dark Side..."

- Darth Vader, Episode VI
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement