OpenGl trouble.

Started by
6 comments, last by Dakath 23 years, 7 months ago
Hello hello peole. You will all have to promise not to laugh at me for this ... , but I would really appreciate some help. I thought I would spend my free time learning OpenGl, and so naturally I went over to the tutorials here on Gamedev, I use visual C++ 6.0, but the thing is something is wrong ... I do believe I have properly added the three headers. Project->Add to project->file, and then added ‘Opengl32.lib’, ‘Glu32.lib’ and ‘Glaux.lib’. This happened even when I try to compile the examples I have downloaded. This is what happens, compiling it works just great! No errors or anything, but when I run the project it gives me 2 errors ‘unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16’ and ‘1 unresolved externals’ And this is not just one program, it’s all I try to compile everything which uses OpenGl ... any idea what could be wrong?
--------------------Moo, that’s right, moo!
Advertisement
Did you create the project as a console application or as a Win32-Application ?
It has to be a Win32 application !
Oh yes! I may be a newbie, but I''m not stupid!
... anyone else know what could be wrong?
--------------------Moo, that’s right, moo!
What headers did you include?

-Snyper
=============================Where's the 'any' key?=============================
Maybe you forgot to write your function declarations at the top or in a header file.

|-|A[k3R$Z R \/\/|-|AT |V|Ak3 t|-|3 \/\/0R|_D g0 R0|_||\|D!!
|-|A[k3R$Z R //|-|AT |V|Ak3 t|-|3 //0R|_D g0 R0|_|||D!!
Hi!

I don''t know how this is done in VC6 but in VC5 you have to go to the project configuration, seek the linker tab and add
opengl32.lib and glu32.lib to the line with all the other libs.

By the way, the header files are the ones with the extension ''.h'', not the ones with ''.lib''

cu
You have to do Tools->Project Settings... and then the link tab, and add them to the end of the list.

------------------------------
#pragma twice
"unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16" means that the linker cannot find the function WinMain. i believe the @16 means the function takes 16 bytes as parameters. basically this means that you have not written a WinMain function, and if you have, either: you function is not taking the correct number of arguments or the compiler/linker cannot find your function.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement