-Terrain Demo- for future rpg/rts

Started by
5 comments, last by -BacksideSnap- 23 years, 7 months ago
If you would, please head on over to my site and give my demo a try (and let me knows how it runs too, and if it runs There is still a LOT to be done, but it may be kinda fun to run around. either click on the image or below: www.binaryvenom.com/projects.asp and click on the projects link -BacksideSnap- Edited by - -BacksideSnap- on 8/30/00 5:05:34 PM
Advertisement
Is no one down for demos anymore? If no one dls this stuff then I''ll quit wasting my time putting it here.

-BacksideSnap-
Well it runs my 2 computers. I get pretty low frame rate (18 on average) on my Win2k computer(PII-450, 128 RAM, geForce 2 GTS 32 Mb), but that could be win2k''s fault.

It''s slower on the other computer (PII-450, 128 RAM, Banshee 16 Mb, Win98), but this time it could because I don''t have the lastest miniGl drivers.

On the other hand, there is only 1 character on the screen, so I guess it is not only my computers'' fault.
Thanks for the reply

For a benchmark, I''m getting about 50-90 FPS on my system, a P3-500 GeForce 256 DDR 128 MB, depending on if the knight is walking or not.

I''m not sure why your GeForce 2 fps was so slow... It ran real fast on my friend''s comp with a Win2k and a GF2. The banshee being slow I can understand. Aargh. It''s really hard to debug games without owning like 9 different comps.

At least it isn''t crashing I guess...

-BacksideSnap-
No no, not crashing at all

I''ve had a lot of trouble lately with the win2k comp and most apps run quite slow, even non graphicaly intensive ones.

Anyway, I guess that, if you get a much better frame rate on your friend''s computer, my comp is the cause of the low frame rate, not your demo.

Anyway, good luck
I''m still downloading at the moment (4K modem...).

But for what I''ve seen - It''s looking good
Where did you find those terrain textures? I''m currently looking for some, but I can''t seem to find any really good ones.

quote:Original post by baskuenen

I''m still downloading at the moment (4K modem...).

But for what I''ve seen - It''s looking good
Where did you find those terrain textures? I''m currently looking for some, but I can''t seem to find any really good ones.

Drew it up myself... It actually looks pretty bad because it''s 1024x1024 and stretched across the whole mesh. I have a bunch of better ones. Let me know if you want me to send them over... either that or I''ll put them on my site and you can choose. The textures on your site look pretty bad ass though That project your doing looks hella good.

-BacksideSnap-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement