• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TextureMapping with D3D IM

This topic is 6415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Finally, I''ve suceded to initialize my ZBuffer...thank you all out there who helped me The next step for me is TextureMapping nad I''ve used PARTS the DX Helpfile but I''m wondering over 2 thing: (Copied directly from Helpfile) //////////////////////////////////////////// LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7 pddsRender; LPDIRECTDRAW7 pDD; pd3dDevice->GetRenderTarget( &pddsRender ); pddsRender->GetDDInterface( (VOID**)&pDD ); pddsRender->Release(); //////////////////////////////////////////// What is the pddsRender? Is that supposed to be my Primary Surface, Secondary Surface or something else? And what is pDD...? Is that my "main" DirectDraw object??? And the final Question: What are the correct flags to create a LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7 as a texture? At the moment I''m using: TextureDesc.dwFlags = DDSD_CAPS | DDSD_WIDTH | DDSD_HEIGHT; TextureDesc.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_TEXTURE; TextureDesc.ddsCaps.dwCaps2 = DDSCAPS2_TEXTUREMANAGE; TextureDesc.dwWidth = 256; TextureDesc.dwHeight = 256; and Loading a Bitmap using HBITMAP into the surface Did I Miss anything? Sincerely Patrik Wixner

• Advertisement