Totally hiding windows application?

Started by
12 comments, last by Sphere 23 years, 7 months ago
In my definition a virus is any program that does something the user does not want (or does not know about) and tries not to let the user control it. There can be no valid use of a program that hides itself from the user, unless you believe in spying (which is basically what a WORM virus does also).
Advertisement
A valid reason would be to protect the user from themselves. If you''re running this super-critical, can''t-be-closed-or-else-bad-things-will-happen type application (sorry, no examples), you''ll probably want to hide it from the user so they don''t go experementing with closing it.

=======================================
A man with no head is still a man.
A head with no man is plain freaky.
I know there is a way in directX, in which you can flag your program to not respond to ctrl+alt+delete, i think in full screen exclusive mode. I will look it up when i get home....
Yeh SPAR, just leave out some DDSCAPS_ALLOWREBOOT flag and the little window won''t pop up at all. It''s kind of annoying though cuz when a game freezes you have to restart

------------------------------------"We are the music makers, and the dreamers of the dreams."
- Willy Wonka

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement