Optmized Palette for 256 colors

Started by
3 comments, last by L-Tryosine 23 years, 7 months ago
On my engine load, I''m getting GIFs and drawing to Surfaces. Each GIF images has its own 256 color entries, but I want to draw all (or some) of these surfaces on the same time. So, I need the most optimized palette possible from all GIFS, to make possible draw all surfaces without color confusion. This forum is the right place to my question: Someone know some method or library to make this? Thanks guys! Obs: I''v been away cause I get a job... ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!
Advertisement
I have used Palette Express to convert all images to single palette. It''s not too expensive, only $39 US last time I checked.

Palette Express

It has a nice "batch" mode that makes converting all the images at once, and creating the resulting palette file, very simple.

I recommend you create a "pre-production" folder where you put all non-optimized images. And then have the batch conversion create the converted images and the palette in a "cooked" folder. That way you don''t lose your original images, and you can re-convert whenever necessary (like adding new images).

DavidRM
Samu Games
Or ofcoz... if you simply switch to 16bit mode, your problems are solved.

(Apart from rerendering/editing you pictures to be 16bit mode compliant.)
yo dude, there's a free program called FixPal. (creative name huh?) anyways, I'll give the link, Fixpal

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net

Edited by - Julio on August 31, 2000 3:41:42 PM
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Thanks guys, this really helps a lot.
The FixPal is what I was looking, a command-line application to plug into my sprite editor.

About the 16 bits... Well... I started on 640x480x16, but I get disapointed with its speed, not enough for what i have in mind.

Thanks again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement