Need Art!?

Started by
1 comment, last by deadCricket 23 years, 7 months ago
Anyone know where some places are to get art (jpg,bmp,gif,pcx,etc.) to use in games? Hopefully places that don''t want names in credits, money, or stuff like that? Of course I can always make an exception of putting your name in the credits if its not a company gig
Advertisement
Well, there''s SpriteLib... I don''t know the URL offhand, but a search engine should bring it up. If I remember right it''s all very retro-looking stuff, though, and more geared towards arcade-type games than anything else.

You know, what might be cool is if a bunch of artists here at GDNet got together to make something like a bigger and better SpriteLib... those programmers are always collaborating on altruistic-type projects, why not us?

-Moth
www.3dcafe.com has a lot of free textures, meshes, sound clips and links to more. Good resource, just remember to edit what you get so that it doesn''t look exactly like that other person''s that got and used the same texture/mesh. Game companies want originality, they don''t want to be able to name where you got every texture and mesh. It might sound like a fun game, but it''s not!
-------Monkey eat deadCricket, checkmate!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement