Game demo...

Started by
2 comments, last by Ironblayde 23 years, 7 months ago
A brief demo of my forthcoming RPG is now available on my website: www.aeon-software.com. This is a very simple demo that just lets you walk around a bit, talk to NPCs, etc. I''ve saved the battle engine for last, so that''s not included. It''s going to take a lot of coding and a hell of a lot of artwork before I can get a demo of that released! Anyway, a description of what''s included and what''s not is on the site as well. It uses 320x240x16 resolution, but some video cards will not build this. If yours is one of these, then the game will use a higher resolution, and scale every frame up to fit the display. This is unfortunately going to slow things down and make the display ''fuzzy,'' but I couldn''t think of any other solution if the video card isn''t going to build the display mode the game wants... You can''t customize the controls yet, so for now, the arrow keys move the character, Enter accepts choices or talks to NPCs, Escape cancels choices or quits the game, and "M" brings up the main menu. Or on a gamepad, use Buttons 1, 2, and 3 respectively. Let me know what you think so far! -Ironblayde Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
Advertisement
The music is good, the town is nice and from what the people in the town said it looks like you''ve designed the whole game big enough so that it will take you ages to finish it.

How would it be to have a town where everyone was a criminal?Like the first white settlements in Australia with one exception.
In my state, South Australia, they decided not to send criminals there. They only let "good" people in here. They thought they wouldn''t need a police force. They were wrong...

Anyway, the game runs OK on this 233MHz machine.
Thanks a lot! You''re right about the size of this thing... I''m 100% committed to seeing it through, but I may have to look into methods of artificially extending my own life in order to do so. Unless I can find someone to help me out with some of the art, that is.

I certainly wouldn''t want to live in a town of all criminals; you''d have to be watching your back every second, even if the place was controlled. Of course, it would probably be just as bad to live in a settlement of all "good" people, but no police force... I''ll bet that place didn''t stay orderly for too long.

-Ironblayde
Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
Yeah, it is pretty cool! I like how you blended the text box things with the background. Was that a homeade alpha blending algorithm? Where did you get the music too? It seems pretty good for midi.

I would help you with the art if you would let me. Just gimme an e-mail if you want it.

Edited by - Moe on September 6, 2000 12:33:14 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement