The Forgotten Design

Started by
12 comments, last by Doctor Gonzo 23 years, 7 months ago
Personally, I don''t care to make money from games. I just wish to share a game which I consider fun with everyone else. I would not care if I had to pack shelves for a living and make games part-time just to do it. I don''t even care if I can only ever make freeware games. The principle is the same, you should make and release something that you will be proud of, nothing less! I think a lot of designers lose sight of the bigger picture, and they actually ruin their reputation by releasing something inferior like Diakatana(sp?)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft
"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy"
IOL (The list formerly known as NPCAI) - A GDNet production
Our Doc - The future of RPGs
Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche
Advertisement
There''s something that John Carmack said along these lines that i totally agree with. He said that someday computers will become so powerful that the only thing that will make games sell will be the game design. It does give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling all over when i think about this but it could be a long way off. Further than we think. But theres also another thing that JC didn''t take into the equation. That being "Inovative Technologies", things that will spark a whole new evolutionary process in computer gaming. The big issue to me is "What will game design encompass in tommorows game development?" I can see that some people will want to break it up into specialized fields of work especially if we start getting mega huge games which is very likely. I think games will get bigger and bigger, more complex and more complex.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
*sighing and drooling mixed* Just imagine the day when NPC''s have a whole processor dedicated to them *more sighing and drooling*

"NPC''s are people too!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft
"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy"
IOL (The list formerly known as NPCAI) - A GDNet production
Our Doc - The future of RPGs
Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche
quote:Original post by dwarfsoft

*sighing and drooling mixed* Just imagine the day when NPC''s have a whole processor dedicated to them *more sighing and drooling*

Haha, why didn''t i see this statement coming. One question though... Then what are you going to yarn on about?

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement