Oh my GOD

Started by
38 comments, last by runemaster 23 years, 7 months ago
quote:Original post by OldManDave

How do you explain Black holes? How much code does it take to run the REAL_WORLD.EXE??
- OldManDave.

This will spin you out... Consider the fact that the human brain is "x" big. Now consider the fact that the human mind can incorporate knowledge about blackholes, physics, biology, economics, genology, mathematics and still have space to carry on everyday conversations and arguments. So you tell me, does it really require data or a formula? This shows the power of inovation!

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Advertisement
2+3 = 5, I''m afraid. But 2*3 = 6, so it does work.

------------------------------
#pragma twice

sharewaregames.20m.com

morfe : *EXACTLY* this kind of bullshit
I couldn''t come up with something like when I needed it of course :/
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
quote: Original post by OldManDave

How do you explain Black holes? How much code does it take to run the REAL_WORLD.EXE??

Matter is bytecode. So your answer lies in the amount of matter in the universe.

quote:
How fast is the GPU that renders this material world??

The rendering happens clientside. To better penetrate the market clients are able to choose their level of detail based on what they can evolutionarily afford.

quote:
Which AI algorithms were used in making robots called living-beings?

Genetic algorithms.

quote:
How many classes does the tail class CHuman inherit?

Depends on the technology available to the CHumanRace class.

quote:
Is every class' head class either the CProton, CElectron or CNeutron?

Nope, it's the CPlanck class.

quote:

How many monitors render this world and what are their specs?

Again, this is client side implementation dependent.

quote:
Is the program REAL_WORLD.EXE absolutely bug-free?

I've observed errors, but I think they're being passed off as features.

quote:
What space partitioning was used in rendering the world?

The physics.lib handles most of this.

quote:
How do you get to the next level in this tough game of REAL WORLD?

Regretfully, there is no next level. It's one of those artsy fartsy games with terminal death and no saves.

quote:
Who's the master mind programmer behind ALL this!!?!?!?

Ah, welcome to the wonder of self organizing systems!!!!

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...

Edited by - Wavinator on September 9, 2000 6:58:23 PM
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
In designing religions you guys might find this site useful. It compares different philosophies and gives a fairly easy to read breakdown on many.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
I've always disliked forming a world around a conflict of the gods, especially since all RPG gods are human-like and human-minded. All the writer does is create some more NPC's (lots of laughs when you see a God making dirty jokes) and a cheap plot element.
Yes, runemaster, full of sh*t...
If you look at it more closely, you see you don't really need an active godly intervention in your world. What do you need them?
Upholding moral values? We all know that it is a Good thing to give your bus-seat to an old lady, but I've never seen a thunderbolt burn those who refuse to do that, meaning that we have a sence if what is good and what is bad and it is up to us, not some scary god, to do the right thing.
To grant miracles? Have you seen one? DO you believe in them? If yes, then it's OK, I guess. But I can give you a rational explanation for about everything. (I'm an agnostic, by the way)

So what I do is try to stick to reality. There may actually BE a god, but he doesn't show himself around. Miracles may actually HAPPEN, but there are too discrete for anyone to witness them.
So that's about it, just like today's world: You want to Believe? Go ahead, it's nothing to feel shame about. But don't think a +10 sword will descend from the heavens or your fallen comrade will rise from his grave just because you gave a monk 10gp.
On the other hand, there is always room for religious groups, as yet another political group fighting for more power.

Don't forget, there can be only one God in a RPG: the Dungeon Master...

Hasta la victoria siempre!

Edited by - BigBrother on September 10, 2000 5:28:56 AM
We Shall Overcome!
Heheheheeheheeheehehehehee
That post was © BigBrother(tm) !

Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic
Join the Game Developers RuneRing !
The Specular Lightosis Research Fund
This is a message from God: "Rebooting the universe, please log off."
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
You're right Big-Brother, I am the only god

[Disclaimer]
I don't want to start any religious war, this what I think, i will not try to impose it on you
[/Disclaimer]

I think, being agnostic too, that gods as seen by the religions are man-made to convey some sort of message. Still, I like it when the lady of the lake gives back to Arthur the nice sword, or when Aphrael makes fun of Sparhawk as he discovers her godness. From the story point of view there are many possibilities independant from what you think. Well, unless you want to assert you beliefs. Still god wars are too often a way of saying this good, this evil, so it only do for pityfull plots.

Some nice Einstein quotes from here

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details." -- Albert Einstein

"God doesn't play dice." -- Albert Einstein

"God may be subtle, but He isn't plain mean." -- Albert Einstein

"Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish." --Albert Einstein

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -- Albert Einstein

"What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." -- Albert Einstein

Edited by - DungeonMaster on September 10, 2000 11:55:15 AM
------------------"Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius there was an age undreamed of..."
[randomQuote]. . .when i was a child, my mother told me never to look into the sun. . .[/randomQuote]

*heh*

If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
d''oh ! I don''t even know how I could forget that one ... look at the way Stargate SG 1 deals with it. I thought that was very interesting.
for those who don''t know, basically, our gods were ''simple'' aliens that need to be hosted by bodies, and that rule on realms just like feodal kings. It happens that Earth has been a sort of battle ground for their struggle for power, hence the various mythologies, gods, etc. (very crude explanation, as the truth is far from being fully explained in the serie itself, but I think that''s the idea )

I guess you could put that in the ''science so advanced it''s magic'' bag ...
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement