D3D Samples

Started by
2 comments, last by justj 23 years, 7 months ago
I copied in the DXVIEW Visual C++ DirectX sample from MSDN. When I try to compile I get ''undeclared identifier'' errors on several flags - specifically: DDCAPS_STEREOVIEW, several DDSVCAPS flags and a couple of D3DLIGHTCAPS. I guess these must be from an older version of Dx. 1. How do I figure out which version, so I can compile with the right DirectXVersion setting? 2. How would I go about figuring out how to change the app to be Dx7 compliant? Thanks. "things are more like they are now than they ever have been"
"It's obvious isn't it Miller? Curiosity killed these cats!"
Advertisement
Changing the app to DX7 is easy: Change all of the old DX interfaces to DX7 (E.g. LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE4->LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7).
You''ll probably get tons of errors because of obselete flags and other stuff like that...
Just look in the SDK for new DX7 features (There are alot of those) and obselete flags.

The road to success is always under construction
Goblineye EntertainmentThe road to success is always under construction
Thanks.

What do I do with obsolete flags? Just comment out any references? I guess what I''m wondering is -- do they just go away, or is there some other flag that replaces the functionality?

BTW - you can forget question 1. I had my Dx7 SDK libraries already in front of the ones that shipped with VC++. I just swapped order and I was ok.
"It's obvious isn't it Miller? Curiosity killed these cats!"
What I mean by obselete flags (And functions) that they are usually superseded by better flags/functions.
For example:
D3DEnumTextureFormatsCallback() callback function is obselete.
It was replaced by:
D3DEnumPixelFormatsCallback().
See what I mean?

The road to success is always under construction

Edited by - Tornado on September 1, 2000 4:44:19 PM
Goblineye EntertainmentThe road to success is always under construction

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement