• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtrmntr

fonts in direct draw

This topic is 6498 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im looking for a way to convert a font into something like a bitmap so that i can just pass a string to a function along with x,y coords and have it display the text in the correct font. I have tried using the FontEngine from mr-gamemaker.com but it doesnt convert the font exactly (i tested it) plus it doesnt support clipping. Are there anyother programs out there similar to this one that support clipping? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
There''s one really nice floating around here somewhere which was used for making fonts to go with NeHe''s OpenGL font tutorial... so look on Nehe''s page... but you pick a font (Or two) And can output a grid like bitmap of all the character''s. However it''s got many options, like changing every aspect of the font and how the grid is layed out and stuff! Very nice.. then just right your own engine... basically for every character in the string you blit one small portion of a pic incrementing the position each time until the position is greater than the edge of the screen...

See ya,
Ben

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!