Library problem

Started by
1 comment, last by Slayer-X 23 years, 7 months ago
Ok, this is probably extremely stupid, and I probably over looked something, but I''m trying to add directx libraries to projects in VC++ 6.0, and it''s giving me problems. I''ve added it everywhere the help file said to add it, and it''s still picking up an unresolved external symbol error. This is really starting to get on my nerves because I''ve done everything I''ve seen and read to do to try to get this to work and it''s still not working. Please just type all of the steps to add a library, because I may not have seen something, or it''s just worded in an easily misinterpretted way, thanx.
Advertisement
Project->Settings...->Link tab. You did that. The library files you should add are as follows: ddraw.lib, dxguid.lib (or use #define INITGUID at the very top of your source code). Add them to the end of that long, single-lined input box. I don''t recall there being anything more for DDraw. List your exact error if this doesn''t work.

=======================================
A man with no head is still a man.
A head with no man is plain freaky.
Thanks man, I saw NO WHERE that it said I had to include dxguid.lib (it''s my first time working with directx, if you couldn''t tell). I even looked through the sdk help file and it didn''t tell me to do that, it said just add ddraw.lib. Now the thing works, thanks a lot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement