blinking triangle in D3DIM :(

Started by
15 comments, last by Xeno 23 years, 7 months ago
when i replace this line:
if(lp_device->BeginScene())

with this:
if(SECCEEDED(lp_device->BeginScene()))

it almost not blinking , but still there is some blinking in some parts of the image , dunno why...

------------------------------- Goblineye Entertainment------------------------------

Advertisement
anyone have more idea?

------------------------------- Goblineye Entertainment------------------------------

If you have z-buffering enabled, then you are not clearing the z-buffer...

instead of
    lp_device->Clear(0,NULL,D3DCLEAR_TARGET,RGB_MAKE(128,128,128),0.0f,0);[/source]try[source]lp_device->Clear(0,NULL,D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, RGB_MAKE(128,128,128),1.0f,0);    

That clears your render target AND the z-buffer, setting all z-buffer values to 1.0 (farthest from the viewer).
i have no Z-Buffer
thanks anyway

I''m almost certain it has to do with how you''re updating the screen. It looks like you are only drawing it every other frame. Could you post your screen update code?

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done." - Scott Adams
    void Render(D3DTLVERTEX *vrtx,int num_of_vrtx){	lp_device->Clear(0,NULL,D3DCLEAR_TARGET,RGB_MAKE(128,128,128),0.0f,0);	lp_device->SetTexture(0,lp_tex);	if(SUCCEEDED(lp_device->BeginScene()))	{		lp_device->DrawPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP,D3DFVF_TLVERTEX,vrtx,num_of_vrtx,0);		lp_device->SetTexture(0,NULL);		lp_device->EndScene();		}}void UpdateFrame(void){	HRESULT hRet;	while(TRUE)	{		hRet = lp_primary->Flip(0,DDFLIP_WAIT);		if(hRet == DD_OK)			break;		if(hRet == DDERR_SURFACELOST)		{			hRet = RestoreAll();			if(hRet != DD_OK)				break;		}		if(hRet != DDERR_WASSTILLDRAWING)			break;	}}[/source][source]    int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,				   LPSTR lpCmdLine,int nCmdShow){	MSG msg;	HWND hWnd;	WNDCLASS wc;	wc.cbClsExtra = 0;	wc.cbWndExtra = 0;	wc.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_WINDOW + 1);	wc.hCursor = LoadCursor(hInstance,IDC_ARROW);	wc.hIcon = NULL;	wc.hInstance = hInstance;	wc.lpfnWndProc = (WNDPROC) WndProc;	wc.lpszClassName = app_name;	wc.lpszMenuName = app_name;	wc.style = CS_VREDRAW | CS_HREDRAW;	RegisterClass(&wc);	hWnd = CreateWindowEx(NULL,app_name,app_title,WS_POPUP,						  0,0,0,0,NULL,NULL,hInstance,NULL);	if(!hWnd)		return 0;	ShowWindow(hWnd,nCmdShow);	UpdateWindow(hWnd);	SetFocus(hWnd);	while(1)	{		if(PeekMessage(&msg,NULL,0,0,PM_NOREMOVE))		{			if(!GetMessage(&msg,NULL,0,0))				return msg.wParam;			TranslateMessage(&msg);			DispatchMessage(&msg);			}		else if(ready)		{			d3d_vrtx[0] = D3DTLVERTEX(D3DVECTOR(0,0,0),1.0,RGBA_MAKE(255,255,255,0),0,0,0);			d3d_vrtx[1] = D3DTLVERTEX(D3DVECTOR(256,0,0),1.0,RGBA_MAKE(255,255,255,0),0,1,0);			d3d_vrtx[2] = D3DTLVERTEX(D3DVECTOR(0,128,0),1.0,RGBA_MAKE(255,255,255,0),0,0,1);			d3d_vrtx[3] = D3DTLVERTEX(D3DVECTOR(256,128,0),1.0,RGBA_MAKE(255,255,255,0),0,1,1);			Render(d3d_vrtx,4);			UpdateFrame();		}		else		{			WaitMessage();		}	}}        

thats how im updating the screen

Edited by - xeno on September 2, 2000 11:54:01 AM

nevermind guys , tornado helped me and its working great , thanks anyway
the problem was because i create my primary surface as the render target instead of the back buffer (ops )

Edited by - xeno on September 2, 2000 12:48:34 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement