• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteveBrown

3D People

This topic is 6592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering how you can make a model of a 3D person and use it in a program. How do you animate the person so he/she is walking and doing other actions? Could someone explain a bit of this to me or point me to a good tutorial on this topic on the net (Preferably using D3D). Thanks!

Advertisement
That''s a bit of a broad question range . I''ll try to give you some general concepts, but telling you exactly how to do it would take way too long .

quote:

I was wondering how you can make a model of a 3D person and use it in a program.

To make models, you usually use a program like 3D Studio Max, Lightwave, or Truespace. Then, you load the models into your code.

quote:

program. How do you animate the person so he/she is walking and doing other actions?

There are a lot of ways. It really depends on what file format you''re saving to.

quote:

Could someone explain a bit of this to me or point me to a good tutorial on this topic on the net (Preferably using D3D).

Unfortunatly, it sounds like you''re looking for a "Teach me how to make a 3D engine really easily" tutorial, which there aren''t any of. I''d suggest you read some of the great introduction to 3D tutorials on this site,m, however, as well as the article on X files that was just posted.

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done." - Scott Adams

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!