• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gif and jpg's in Win32 API

This topic is 6375 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can I read in and display gif and jpg files in my Windows program? I''m not using MFC in any way, so just pure c / c++ please ! Thanks in advance... Gary

Advertisement
Also, is it possible to have a treeview control without MFC and how do I add images to List box controls (again without MFC)?

Pleez?

quote:
Original post by differentia

Also, is it possible to have a treeview control without MFC and how do I add images to List box controls (again without MFC)?

Pleez?

Yep, it sure is

If you lookup TreeView under Win32, you will get the answer. I don''t know much MFC, but it will probably work almost the same.
For a listbox with icons, you could try creating a ListView instead. For adding items you''ll need ListView_InsertItem(), and to add images you might want to check out the Imagelist.

There''s a lot to say about these controls, but you''ll need a good Win32 ref/help sooner or later...

Hope this helps a little,
- Bas

quote:
Original post by differentia

How can I read in and display gif and jpg files in my Windows program? I''m not using MFC in any way, so just pure c / c++ please !

Thanks in advance...

Gary

I''m sure you can find information about these file formats at WOTSIT.

GA

• Advertisement