• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dennis Constantino

Computer Art for Consoles

This topic is 6644 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to develop some 2d computer art for game consoles, what is the full screen resolution for games made for say: The Playstation 2 The Sega Dreamcast The Playstation The Nintendo 64 How does the NTSC, PAL, and PAL-M standards affect what resolution the game will ultimately be? I''ve looked and asked around but could never get a definate answer from game artists about this.

Advertisement
I''ve been checking myself and have found these resolution for the PSX:
256 x 256, 320 x 240, 512 x 512, & 640 x 480

Also I heard TV Safe res is 320 x 240.

I was just wondering if there are any body out there that does or has done art for consoles that can give me more info than this.

i dont know about consoles but for broadcast video the numbers are:

NTSC - 720 x 486
PAL - 720 x 576

these are full screen numbers and do not include the safe grids.

also on a side note: does anybody know the pixel interpolation of consoles? are they square, D1, or something else? all these do are affect how the pixels are interpolated and affect width only.

-Luxury

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!