• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ozz

Question for baskuenen

This topic is 6557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just downloaded your Landscape renderer, and was wondering if your textures are generated procedurally? If so would you consider a tutorial on the subject or some code?

Advertisement
Thanks for trying it out

At the moment I'm only loading the textures/maps. Only the texture intensity/split is generated runtime.
Although the heightmap is also loaded from file, I generated it in a previous program. It was generated with a random generator & some smoothing functions.

Richardve mentioned I should add a terrain-height-generator. I will, but first I have to get the user-interface to work 100% (more work than I expected).

For the moment you could check out Aarbei Texture Gevaarte II. It's a program for generating textures. You can also use it for terrain-heightmaps. This tutorial from Aardbei inspired me for making some map generators - maybe it can do the same for you...
It's a fun idea to write a tutorial on map generation, but at the moment I'm not very good at it. Maybe when I'm a little further in the Landscape Rendering project... Thanks for asking

Edited by - baskuenen on September 3, 2000 12:51:38 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!