Gravity Wars 2000 game beta

Started by
2 comments, last by Chikara 23 years, 7 months ago
hello lovelys, I have released a beta of my game called Gravity Wars 2000. Gravity Wars orignally appeared on the Amiga, and was a game where 2 space ships would enter angles and velocitys of missiles, which in turn were fired and then crazilyyyyy influenced by planets gravity, in their journey to try and hit the other player. Its like Gorrilla but set in space but much more fun. anyway, what i''ve made is a (up to) 128 single/multiplayer demon of a game, the link to the beta is here: http://www.btinternet.com/~powercow/gw2kb2.exe 3.5mb setup exe file desu Even if you are not very intrested in trying it, I think you won''t regret a download becuase its not a rushed product and has been worked very hard on. heres my plea : Could people try it and tell me 1. What doesn''t work or is awkard 2. (Just as importantly) If it works for them with no problems? Single player should be sound and pretty much rock solid. Multiplayer I would love to say is solid but I can''t simply because I don''t have the resources to test it a thoroughly as I would like to, BUT it should give you no problems (..)) (Please tell me if you have a multiplayer game with no problems!!) In terms of how finished the product is : very. Graphics, Features, Map editors, AI, etc have all been finished. Now I am ''quality buffering!'' and bug eliminating. soo.... please tell me what you would like to see in it or think would make it better (for instance is the AI too unbalanced?). its freeware - but does any one know of any site where I can maybe set up a donation system - where if people (out of the kindeness of their heart) can maybe give me 10$ if they like it? im not going to do a shareware, my contribution to people. Sorry for incoherent/lack-of english, I am not quite with it this morning : mega hangover - damn absynth!! THANK YOU!!!! chk www.cowzilla.com
Advertisement
I recommend sending this link to betazine.com also. Dean is a great guy and his viewers WILL play your game. We got excellent feedback on our titles from that site.

[ turbo | turbo.gamedev.net ]
[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]
Thanks for the tip Turbo will do

chk
Checked your game, it''s pretty nice. What you should do is SIMPLIFY the interface. A good game isn''t the one which has hundreds of options to configure, but the one which is "easy to learn". I''m talking about interfaces here - there''re many options that, in my opinion, should be removed (and set automatically).
Another thing about the interfaces:
when you select your angle and speed, you''d make it in traditional way: left/right arrows change your angle, up/down arrow keys increase/decrease the velocity. putting numbers is actually boring and annoying.

And last thing:
>> 128 single/multiplayer demon of a game
Why do you need so much? Remember - bandwidth...

So far, the game is nice, keep up the good work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement