Pet Peeve

Started by
1 comment, last by vkeller 24 years, 7 months ago
I'll play god anyday...

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Advertisement
One of my pet peeves with the bbs is when someone asks a question and pleads for assistance from anyone then he finds the answer himself then he doesn't post the answer. I know I’m blowing this out of proportion, but I happened to read over a year’s worth of bb posts this past weekend. An occasionally a few people were asking questions and I was reading that post to find the last post says never mind I discovered my mistake or I figured it out. This reminds me of a time I was in NYC for a seminar. I was invited to a watch Goodfellas and two-thirds into the movie, it was turned off because they needed to get to sleep for seminar the next day. What a let down, I wanted to know the outcome. I come to two conclusions that a person doesn’t intentionally realize that other people are reading the post to find the answer themselves or that person is a heelock . Reminder, every person is reading the bbs for one of two reasons to find answers or to give answers. I’m funny this way – I would like to see a question and then an answer. At this time, I would like to thank members of the game programming community for sharing their wisdom and experience with this rookie. The game programming field appears to be extremely competitive and knowledge is key, but you still graciously share your knowledge. I appreciate your assistance immensely knowing that you could as easily tell this rookie that the answer to my question is common sense-, or you could be sarcastic< make fun of my ignorance>, or you can play god and keep all the knowledge to yourself.
I agree completely, why not e-mail them if you want to know and tell them what you just wrote, they most likely just never thought about it. Hope you find the answers you need.
DESIGN FANATIC
David Abresch
abre1657@blue.univnorthco.edu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement