Gmail Acounts

Started by
393 comments, last by Washu 19 years, 7 months ago
Peon, DigitalChaos, Bieh, Acoustica, and Bakingsoda36: Gmail accounts! [grin]
Advertisement
They released a batch load of those accounts to almost anyone with a website. I think it's a good thing since Google needs more bata testers.

Yes, I got one last month.
Rate me up.
Quote:Original post by Toxic Hippo

And you sir, deserve a "very friendly". [grin]
Quote:Original post by Graylien

I've got a dozen or so GMail invites left. I'll get back to the people in this thread who want an invite once I'm done inviting people I know. I guess I'll choose people in the order they posted in. (Don't get your hopes up, I probably won't have any left.)

As for my impressions of GMail, I have to say that I like it a lot. I've been using it from the beginning so I've seen some of the changes made during the beta process. I might complain that it doesn't work properly under Opera, but since I mainly use IE and Firefox then it's a minor issue. The advertisements appearing on the side of the page are unobstrusive and can actually quite helpful. All those people worried that news of a death in the family might be accompanied by an ad for used coffins needn't worry, only "safe" ads are used for the GMail service.

Me Me ME!!!
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Quote:Original post by Acoustica

AND a "very helpful and/or friendly" rating.
I'll take one if you have any more!

Dwiel
Quote:Original post by superpig

Quote:Original post by 09x2

Heh yea I knew it was computers.
Hmm, maybe that was it. Been a while since I read the article.

/-09x2

Yeah, there are an awful lot of people out there writing very uninformed things, and trying to move for Gmail being shut down because of the percieved "breach of privacy." IIRC there was even some public official trying to make a law against it. (And don't even get me started on the concept of laws being passed specifically to attack a single company's product).

I mean, have these people not wondered where Google finds the staff to sit and read everyone's emails? (Oh, right, they employed the Martians...)

They conveniently fail to realise that pretty much every major freemail provider out there is already scanning your mails: virus checking and spam filtering.

Gah, it figures that one of the consequences of free speech is that people say utterly stupid things. :(

Weren't you the one that encouraged the CA people to write to their representatives? Who was that... oh. No, maybe that was to not ban GMail. I don't remember; all I know is that GMail != Big Brother, so there's really nothing much to worry about.

- CD
Woops...umm...I mean a rating, not simply a "very friendly"...hahaha *smacks forehead*
Quote:Original post by Acoustica

And one from me, too. Thanks heaps [grin]
How is everybody getting these invites, I really want one and I have been submitting every e-mail address I have but they never respond:(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement