"Star Lance Alpha" scrolling shootemup new version

Started by
3 comments, last by roger_hq 19 years, 9 months ago
Hello all, I've just released a new version (0.9.3) of Star Lance Alpha, a scrolling shootem-up arcade game for the PC. I posted earlier about the last version of the game here. I am looking to get feedback on the new version and would very much like to hear your opinions.
Here is a screenshot of the game: You can view more screenshots here. You can download the game here. Included in the new release are more and deadlier bosses, more levels, mission objectives, background story, as well as various bug fixes. I am working on many of the suggestions from the posters on the previous thread, but would like to hear any other feed back that you have. Thanks for your time! Cheers, roger_hq
_____________________________http://www.deepbluefuture.com"Set Phasers to neuter...""2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2."
Advertisement
I'll test it as soon as I get back around 5. Cheers.

Hmm. The game started up fine, but anything but the menu lagged real bad for me. This includes any options before starting the screen. I've had diablo 2, warcraft 3 and a number of other games on this system smoothly so I'm not sure what's up (2ghz, 512ddr, winxp). If I can I'll test it on another comp shortly.

[Edited by - Woodsman on June 18, 2004 10:07:11 PM]
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.

Hey, thanks for trying it out. Others before had some problems when using video card settings that disabled vsync on their machine, I wonder if that has anything to do with the lag you experienced?

Anyone else give it a donwload and try?

Thanks...

roger_hq
_____________________________http://www.deepbluefuture.com"Set Phasers to neuter...""2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2."
Shurikens LOL :)

Graphics smooth, no problems at all. Athlon 1.6, 512MB, GeForce2 64MB, Win2k.
I like the way the ship bounces of the walls and enemies. The music is psychodelic :) Battle Pod demands respect! :D
You must *definitely* change the controls layout - S,A,T,F,E,H,TAB,SPACE is bad and totally not intuitive. The player has to look constantly at the keyboard not at the screen.
I think You should disable the possibility to end the level just by going past the final boss.
Just few thoughts.
Hey Uzi,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, just got back from vacation in Costa Rica. Thanks for downloading and playing the game, and your feedback. It is very much appreciated! You can change the controls via the OPTIONS->CONTROLS menu by clicking on the key for the control and typing in a new key for that action. The first level is the only level in which you can fly past the last enemy, since he is not really a "boss", but point taken, I think thats a good idea to change as it doesn't make too much sense. In the other levels, the last thing on the level is truly a "boss" type baddie, and you can't get credit for the level unless you defeat him.

Did you find the levels challenging enough or too challenging?

Thanks!

roger_hq

[Edited by - roger_hq on July 7, 2004 10:22:58 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement