2D polygon collision detection and rigid body dyna

Started by
42 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 9 months ago
Your Tutorials were invaluable. These and the 3d verlet ones you have on another forum. Your demos present it in a logical easy learn manner. Thanks
Advertisement
Hey Olii, I just wanted to say your tutorials and demo code are freaking awesome. I dig the implementation of the particle physics system.
Well, you're all entitled to your opinion. I for one wouldn't want a coder on my team to be leaking out info no matter how insignificant.

--Bart
--bart
Great stuff, thanks !

Some time ago I came up with a shape intersection algorithm which doesn't rely upon separation axis, but I didn't have any clue about its performance. Now I've implemented it in tutorial 1 to test it against the separation axis algo. And I got surprised when I saw he was almost competitive (he usually takes 1.1 times the time of the other) when there is no intersection but really blows out when objects do intersect : it can be up to 6 times faster ! [in fact it's true when there is no "obvious" separating axis]

Now I'm pretty sure my algorithm would be a good choice when there's a lot of intersection or/and combined with a quick rejection algo (like sweep and prune).

But as I'm not totally sure I'd like to submit my code to whoever is interested to verify I haven't biased the test. If at least someone agrees then I'll try to clean my code a bit and try to explain my algo. If you want to get the code just send me an e-mail to korgox@netcourrier.com

Bye

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement