Fear my simulated paint! Update: Client

Started by
392 comments, last by smart_idiot 19 years, 9 months ago
I'm writing a multi-user painting program. Kind of looks like something kids might like, don't you think? I just finished the algorithm for the paint, and I think it looks pretty darn paint like. I was so proud of it I had to post a picture before I went to bed. Oh, and the icons at the botton change colour. I think that was a pretty neat addition, too. Good night. Edit: You can try the client here. Keep in mind that it's pretty much alpha. All you can do is use the paintbrush to paint, or the paint can to choose a colour. (press tab to get into the menu!) The paintbrush doesn't have a menu yet so you can't change any of it's options. It will attempt to connect to my computer on port 2020, so you can see what other people have drawn. Once every user has disconnected, it will remove the picture and start a blank one. If it crashes, destroys your computer, someone draws a picture you don't like, or steals your GDNet password, don't blame me. If you don't have Allegro, here is the DLL. [Edited by - smart_idiot on June 25, 2004 12:04:18 AM]
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Advertisement
I PH33R YUO!
That's some good shit man! Rock on!
I think this in great. I hope you have a market channel. This is great for mom's who don't want their kids to get covered in fingerpaints. In fact, if you haven't named the product yet, and the name is not taken, FingerPaint would be a pretty good one, cause it focuses and plainly indicates value fast, two good aspects of product naming. Tie this into a touch screen the kid can digitally dabble their finger on and into, then smear all over the screen, and you've really got something for Monkey Planet.

I'd go after the mom's who don't want to have stains of paint to clean everywhere and forget going after the kids, go after the moms who want their kids to have it.

Remember, the customer does not want a drill, they want a hole.

Good job. Have a beer if you are of legal drinking age in your state on me. Why don't you write PayBeer next? A program that spits out a credit voucher payable in beer at a local pub so you can buy somebody a beer online digitally when you can't make it there to do it yourself. Consider it an alternative to PayPal. I want ten percent, of course. In legal currency, not beer, please, that's what a good idea is worth at least, right? ;P

Addy

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Man, that is awesome!!!

What are you planning to do with the software? Is it for a class, to sell, for fun?
Very nice. Care to blab about the algorithm?
That's really awesome. You could easily pass that off as real paint.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see that I suddenly no longer have a signature...
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
I want to have a shot! Any chance you could upload your prototype?
Woo; that's really paint like. You get a thumbs up from me, man!

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

It's really looking great man :)

When will we see it in stores? :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement