• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Article: Using #include with AngelScript

This topic is 4952 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Advertisement
Nice article. I'm sure many will find this handy.

- Xavier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hiya WitchLord,

Thanks for the article, its pretty much what I put together myself with your previous advice.

I had an idea that might interest people for post 1.8.x release.

It would be very simple to support a name space type directive in the script files as well, preprocess this out and use this as the module name when compiling the scripts.

That way you could have a master script file that included script files for each character / entity and declare a namespace in each of these lower files.

Load the master script file and automatically, you would have a loaded script system, with methods partitioned for each entity.

Can't wait for 1.8, keep up the good work,

nihlist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by WitchLord
What about your article? Did you stop working on it?


I submitted it to Gamedev, but they don't seem to have done anything with it. I thought I posted it here but I just checked back and I've only attached a draft. Here is the completed article if you wanted to include it on your site:
http://noreality.net/as-polymorphism.zip

- Xavier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nihlist:

Good idea. Once AngelScript support the scope operator :: this will be a good way to work with namespaces. Though I might still decide to support namespaces natively with AngelScript.

meink:

Excellent. I'll format the article and put it up on my site as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement